Banking is a field in which coaching is not at all required because the things which are asked in the exam are of basic nature and can be done by studying proper basics and practicing properly. Every year, a large number of candidates apply for banking posts in public sector banks and regional rural banks in India. The demand for a career in the banking sector is evident among youths, given the high number of yearly applications received for Clerk, SO, and Bank PO Jobs. While such bank exams are getting tougher every year, candidates are also looking for the best exam preparation strategy to crack it in the 1st attempt. It’s important you know how to start preparing for bank exams once the application is out to beat the high competition in a golden Tips to crack any Bank Exams easily:
- Learn Table: Learn tables upto 25, squares upto 30, cubes of numbers upto 15 to save your calculation time.
- Reading: Read anything you are interested in or Read Editorials from famous newspapers like (the Hindu, business line, etc). Learn new words from editorials and also synonyms & antonyms of the same words side by side.
- Online: Get help from YouTube. There are a lot of teachers available on every subject over the internet. Try to find the best shortcut to solve a problem. Don’t forget to practice the shortcut while preparing.
- Practice: Practice a topic a day. Start from the basics to hard ones gradually, so that you would not get any doubts later. Start from easy questions.
- Time table: Take up a free mock test and evaluate your topic wise and section wise score. Try to make a timetable for yourself to clear sectional cut-off according to the exam pattern.
- Make sure that your concepts are clear: It is important to have clarity of the concepts before starting any topic/chapter. Make sure you clear all the basic concepts to have a good hold on the important topics required to learn.
- Mock tests are a must thing: Once you are done with your revision part, it is necessary to examine what you have learned so far. Take a mock test to analyze your revision, work on your weak parts and improvise on them. This will reduce the chances of making mistakes during the exam.
- Managing the Time: There are sectional time limits, therefore, candidates need to manage their time in the exam. Within the given time, candidates need to answer all questions with accuracy.
- Work on Speed and Accuracy: Bank exams are conducted online. While preparing for the exam, candidates must focus on speed and accuracy. Candidates can develop their speed and accuracy by solving mock tests.
- Identifying and Working on Weak Areas: By going through the exam syllabus and exam pattern, candidates will be able to know their strengths and weakness. Candidates can towards improving the weak areas.
Subject wise Tips to clear Exam:
English is the most scoring section as it is asked in both the written and descriptive exams and you will also need to be goodin it. Topics to be covered: Reading Comprehension, Cloze test, Sentence improvement, Phrase replacement, Sentence Completion, Grammar (Fill in the blanks, Finding Error, Phrase Replacement), Para jumbles, Vocabulary (Fill in the blanks, Error Spotting).
Here are the some tips to Score good in English
• Read books and newspaper on a daily basis.
• Have a basic conversation with people in English language to speed up your English thinking process.
• Watching English series or movies to assist your grammar and vocabulary understanding.
Quantitative Aptitude section, if prepared efficiently can fetch you good marks in any exam. Topics to be covered in Quantitative Aptitude Section: Simplification, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Mixtures & Allegation, Profit & loss, Average, Number Series, Speed-Time & Distance, Time & Work, Number System, Data Sufficiency, Mensuration, Data Interpretation, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Problems on Ages, Quadratic Equation, Linear Equation, Permutation & Combination, Probability.
Here are the some tips to Score good in Quantative Aptitude:
• Follow school level syllabus of elementary Mathematics, this will help you in covering most of the topics.
• Memorise the important formulas, tables and learn square upto atleast 30 & Cube upto 15.
• Mark your strong and weak topics. Practice your weak topics more.
• Firstly learn a Topic from YouTube and than practice it.
• Solve the practice test papers topic wise.
Reasoning section is all about how well you practice. This section does not involve any formulas or shortcut tricks but tests your ability to think and perceive things. Topics to be covered: Syllogism, Inequalities, Mathematical Inequality, Order & Ranking, Seating Arrangement (Circular, Rectangular, North-South facing, Floor wise etc), Coding & Decoding, Direction & Distance, Blood Relation, Machine Input and Output, Arrangement & Pattern, Double line up, Scheduling, Analogy, Data sufficiency, Classification, Series, Verbal Reasoning.
Here are the some tips to Score good in Reasoning Ability:
• Start off your preparation with the important topics and then go on to topics that can score you well.
• Spend at least 2 hours every day on the practice of different topics of this section.
• Make note of important points and steps to solve questions.
• Solve Atleast 5-10 puzzles on daily basis.
• Revise regularly.
Prepare the important current affairs of the last 4-5 months properly. For this, you can read current affairs daily, weekly or monthly according to your study plan. Topics to be covered: Banking & Financial Awareness, Current Affairs (Last 4-5 Months), Static General Knowledge, Economy (Indian Economy, Financial organization, Budget, Railway budget, Economic survey, GDP Growth Rate, GST, Business), questions on Books & authors, Currencies, Important Places, Awards, Headquarters, Prime Ministers Schemes, Important Days.
Here are the some tips to Score good in General Awareness:
• Allot one hour every day to study for the general awareness section.
• Take GK quizzes to test your general knowledge.
• Read newspapers and magazines often to stay updated on current events and issues.
• Revision is the key.