IBPS PO syllabus 2023 is paramount for candidates pursuing their career in the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. IBPS PO Recruitment is conducted in three stages- Prelims, Mains, and Interview. The candidate have to qualify in each stage to get shortlisted for the vacancies. To ace IBPS PO Exam, it is necessary to know the Exam pattern and detailed syllabus of this exam.
IBPS PO PRELIMS SYLLABUS
English Language- Cloze Test, Reading Comprehension, Spotting Errors, Sentence Improvement, Sentence Correction, Para Jumbles, Fill in the Blanks, Para/Sentence Completion
Quantative Aptitude- Number Series, Data Interpretation, Simplification/ Approximation, Quadratic Equation, Data Sufficiency, Mensuration, Average, Profit and Loss, Ratio and Proportion, Work, Time, and Energy, Time and Distance, Probability, Relations, Simple and Compound Interest, Permutation and Combination
Reasoning Ability- Seating Arrangements, Puzzles, Inequalities, Syllogism, Input-Output, Data Sufficiency, Blood Relations, Order and Ranking, Alphanumeric Series, Distance and Direction, Verbal Reasoning
IBPS PO PRELIMS EXAM PATTERN:
The IBPS PO preliminary examination will be conducted online and candidates are allocated a total duration of 1 hour to complete the preliminary exam. It consists of 3 sections with a total of 100 questions and a maximum score of 100 marks. There is negative marking in IBPS PO preliminary exam and 0.25 marks are deducted for each wrong answer attempted by a candidate. It is necessary to clear the cut-off in all 3 sections to qualify for the IBPS PO Main exam.
Name of Test
No. of Questions
IBPS PO MAINS EXAM SYLLABUS
The candidates who get qualified in the Prelims exam advance to the Mains exam. The official notification for the IBPS PO recruitment 2023 will be released soon, and it’s time to prepare now. The major subjects covered in the IBPS PO Syllabus 2023 are as follows:
Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude
Data Analysis and Interpretation
Reasoning Ability- Sitting Arrangements, Tabulation, Logical Reasoning, Syllogism, Input-Output, Coding-Decoding, Alphanumeric Series, Blood Relations, Ranking, Data Sufficiency, Distance & Direction, Coded Inequalities, and Verbal Reasoning.
Data Analysis & interpretation- Simplification & Approximation, Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency, Number Series, Ratio & Proportion, Quadratic Equations, Averages, Boats & Streams, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Percentage, Profit & Loss, Mixtures & Alligation, Permutation & Combination, Time & Distance, Probability, Partnership, Pipes & Cistern.
English Language- Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test, Double Fillers, Error Spotting, Sentence Correction, Para Jumbles, Paragraph Completion, Para Summary, Sentence Connector, and Vocabulary.
General Awareness- This section compiles three different sub-sections which are current affairs, banking & financial affairs, and static awareness. It includes topics such as important bank news, economic affairs, national and international news, recent state affairs, agreements, visits, awards and honors, summits & conferences, and obituaries.
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern
• Introduction of Descriptive Paper- Just like SBI PO Exam, IBPS introduced a Descriptive Paper in its Mains Examination where candidates will be judged on their written skills. An essay and a letter will be given to candidates to write that will constitute of 25 marks and that has to be completed in a time span of 30 minutes.
• The overall time allotted for each section has also been changed.
• No separate paper will be conducted for Computer Applications. Reasoning is teamed up with Computer Aptitude section and this entire section will contain 45 questions of a total of 60 marks.
• There will be penalty of 0.25 marks for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests.
• The overall time allotted for IBPS PO 2023 Mains Objective Exam has also been changed from 140 minutes to 180 minutes plus 30 minutes for the descriptive test. In total, the time for IBPS PO Mains is 3 hours 30 minutes.
• The tests of Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude, English Language and Data Analysis & Interpretation are divided into two parts: Section A and Section B. All questions in both sections (A & B) are compulsory. Some questions will be of 2 marks and some questions will be of 1 mark.
Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
Data Analysis & Interpretation
General, Economy, Banking Awareness
Total Objective Test
Letter Writing & Essay Writing
No. of Questions=2
IBPS PO Interview Process
Candidates who qualify for the Mains Exam are finally called for the Interview Process by IBPS. The Interview Process will constitute of 100 marks and the minimum marks for qualifying this round will be 40% which is reduced to 35% for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD categories.
The final selection of the candidate for the post of Probationary Officer will be made by taking into consideration the cumulative score of Mains Exam and the interview process. The weightage of both these phases of examination will be in the ratio 80:20 respectively. A merit list will be generated after the Interview Process of the IBPS PO 2023 Exam has been conducted. Candidates who make it to the list will be thus offered the joining letter by the Bank of their choice.